Many great resources about activism can be found on the internet. The following websites are published under a creative commons licence (meaning we can add the articles to Activist Handbook as long as the appropriate credit is given).
- Beautiful Rising: A collection of stories, tactics, principles, theories and methodologies on activism.
- Seeds for Change's Resources: A collection of articles about campaign skills, consensus decision making, facilitation, skills for working in groups, resources for co-ops and running workshops. Various translations are available as well.
- Blueprint for Change: A collection of shared Google Docs targeted at progressive activists about organising and campaigning strategies, online-offline approaches, tools and self-defence for organisers and campaigners.
- Mobilisation Lab: A collection of reports, toolkits and guides about change-making.
- AORTA Resources: A variety of toolkits, handouts, guides, and other resources created by the Anti-Oppression Resource & Training Alliance.
- Effective Activist: Evidence-based guides on how to do effective change-making.
- The Info-Activism How-To Guide: Strategies and tools for digital campaigning.
- Paper Revolution
- San Antonio Review Community Resources: Links to mostly free and all useful resources from around the Web curated by the SAR Editorial Collective.
Blogs and news websites
- Youth Activist Toolkit by Advocates for Youth (2019): a 64 page document with chapters on getting started with activism, creating a strategy, crafting your message, building collective power, using your power and sustaining a movement.
- 350.org trainings: An elaborate list of guides for trainers, meeting facilitators and organisers. The website is primarily targeted at climate activists, but the articles provide useful insights for other activists as well.
- Social Justice Toolbox: A collection of resources to help you organise diversity workshops and social justice trainings.
- Resources for organisers by Praxis Makes Perfect | Archived
- sgENGAGE: A website built for nonprofits generally, with a focus on things such as technologies, marketing, fundraising, and managing nonprofit organisations.